We can arrange a visit to include the following:
- A private tour of our facilities including; workshop areas, darkrooms, lens collections, library of rare photographic manuals and tintype portrait studio with Executive Director, Geoffrey Berliner.
- History and Mission of Penumbra Foundation.
- A hands-on look at period authentic cameras and lenses with a short lesson in history and use.
- A first hand look at rare process examples.
- Interactive demonstration of the wet plate process.
- Geoffrey will take 1-2 tintype portraits of participating students.
- The students/school will receive high resolution scans of each tintype.
- Q&A segment with Geoffrey Berliner.
Cost is $750 for a group demonstration/tour. We can accommodate roughly 25 guests at a time. A minimum of two weeks notice is required to date requesting. Tour and demonstrations last about 2.5/3 hours.